As a business owner, you make daily decisions regarding your company and employees. You must market yourself, place bids on projects, supervise your team, and make choices to enhance your company’s overall health. One aspect you need to be focused on continually is your bottom line. Did you pull in enough jobs to make payroll and pay the bills? What do you need to do to keep your cash flow fluid? One step you can take is to utilize equipment rental from a reputable company as much as possible. It helps keep costs down, which makes good fiscal sense.
5 Reasons to Choose Equipment Rental for Your Business
If renting aerial lifts, cranes, or landscape equipment is tempting but you cannot decide if it’s a good course of action, consider these five reasons to rent:
- You Keep Your Initial Equipment Costs Low: Construction equipment are is not cheap. Even old versions of your favorite brand of skid steer will set you back financially. Buying a large item such as a telehandler or aerial lift, ties up cash flow because you have to make the monthly payment whether you have money coming in or not. If you’re operating on thin margins, renting is a better option.
- You Don’t Have to Pay for Equipment You Use Infrequently: How often do you need a backhoe for your landscape business? When was the last time you needed a giant crane? Why not rent instead of paying for items that you store 75% of the year? Look at a list of all the different types of equipment you use. If you don’t use it more than 60-70% of the time, consider leaving it as a rental option and avoid buying. You can always reassess down the road.
- You Have Access to Newer Equipment: Renting allows you to use the newest equipment and technology without tying yourself down to one item. You may not rent the same piece twice since many equipment companies upgrade yearly.
- You Have Additional Protection Against Loss or Disaster: You carry insurance to protect your business, such as general liability, workers compensation, and commercial auto. Equipment rental companies offer protection that cover the cost of the piece you rent if something happens that isn’t your fault. Imagine how helpful that is if a natural disaster strikes.
- You Don’t Have to Worry About Maintenance: When you rent, someone else covers the regular maintenance and upkeep of the forklift, skid steer, or bulldozer. You don’t have to worry about it unless it is specifically outlined in your rental agreement. Your primary responsibility is keeping it fueled.
Team Up with a Reliable Equipment Rental Company
Before you bid on your next construction job, reach out to the team at Puckett Rents. We understand that working with tight margins makes things challenging. We will assist you in finding the best rental equipment for the project at great rates. You can get what you need without disrupting your cash flow for a hefty lease payment. Contact us today!
Call our team for equipment rental 24/7 at 800-736-8228 or 601-939-5151. You can also fill out our online form with your questions about your equipment rental needs, and we will respond promptly.