When you’re on a job site, you need versatile machines to accomplish your project. One particular piece of equipment that should come to mind is the backhoe. Think of it as the Swiss army knife of the construction world because it can take on many tasks. You can dig a trench on one side and scoop mulch on the other. There isn’t a need for additional equipment when you utilize a backhoe. If you’re ready to get more done and work smarter, find a backhoe rental to accomplish everything you need.
5 Uses for a Backhoe
When looking for an all-around piece of equipment, consider the humble backhoe. This workhorse supports most of your project needs, including:
- Landscaping: A backhoe is a great machine for your landscape projects. You can dig small ponds, gardens, and foundations. It’s possible to plant trees without damaging the root ball. Use the bucket to move mulch.
- Farming: Backhoes can be used with many different attachments to make chores around the farm easier. For example, an auger makes setting fence posts less back breaking. They can be used to haul hay, till the soil, and carry material.
- Construction: Utilize these versatile machines for demolition, grading, and material hauling. A hydraulic hammer is great for to breaking up concrete and moving it with the bucket.
- Trenching: Imagine getting a trench dug in an hour instead of eight! Perfect when you need to lay piping or drain tiles.
- Snow Removal: The southeast doesn’t see much snow, but it’s good to know how to remove it if the unthinkable happens.
You will find backhoes in a range of sizes. Your preferred equipment rental company can help you determine the best option for your needs. Common sizes include:
- Mini: These are great for smaller jobs, such as a residential remodel.
- Full-sized: Use this size for a mid-sized job needing some more horsepower than a mini.
- Large: Best for harsh terrains and large projects. They have tons of horsepower to get the job done.
While backhoes are fantastic for most of your job site needs, there are times when it makes better sense to use other equipment. For example, skid steers and mini excavators are perfect for small sites requiring precise digging. With a backhoe rental, you can dig smaller areas, but using a regular excavator makes more sense for larger ones.
Backhoe Rentals Made Easy So You Can Work Smarter, Not Harder
Work with Puckett Rents for your backhoe rental needs. We stock many sizes with the best attachment for your project. If you’re not sure what you need, talk to us. We are always happy to share our knowledge and help you get the best machines for your rental budget. Look to us for backhoes, excavators, skid steers, and much more. All it takes is one call, and you will be able to move forward with your day confident that you have the right equipment for your job site.
Call our backhoe rental service team 24/7 at 800-736-8228 or 601-939-5151. You can also fill out our online form with your questions about your project requirements, and we will be sure to respond promptly.