Traditionally, it was common for many contractors to think that paying for a skid steer rental instead of owning one meant you were throwing your money away. The fact is that renting can be a viable option for companies looking to keep their cash flow flexible. When you work with a reliable company, renting can be the easiest and most cost-effective way to run your business.
5 Common Myths Associated with Skid Steer Rental and Other Equipment
If you’ve toyed with renting your construction equipment instead of buying it but are hesitant, reconsider. Check out these five myths and the facts that show you renting can be a wise choice:
- Myth: You only get old and busted models. Rental companies know that to stay profitable, they need to maintain and upgrade their equipment. That’s why they track this information and ensure maintenance and repairs are done quickly. Fact: Instead of renting an old, busted bulldozer, you can expect to find well-maintained ones with lower service hours. You’ll also find new models.
- Myth: Renting is too expensive. The opposite is more accurate! Renting a skid steer can be a budget-friendly way of handling your project. Consider it this way. If you don’t have a skid steer in your fleet, but you need one for a new one-off job, why would you invest thousands of dollars on something you need one time? Fact: Renting makes sense when you only need equipment on odd occasions.
- Myth: Rental fees are not tax deductible for businesses. Purchased equipment can be deducted over several years. Fact: Rental fees are business expenses that can be deducted from your taxable income in the year they are incurred. Be sure to consult with your accountant for your specific situation.
- Myth: Rental terms are inflexible. Renting a skid steer is different than leasing an office building. Fact: The terms are very flexible and can be arranged to fit your needs. For example, you can rent daily, weekly, or monthly. If you need to swap models, you can call your dealer and tell them you need something different.
- Myth: Once you leave the lot, you’re on your own. Fact: Equipment rental companies have a vested interest in their machines. If something goes wrong, they are there to help. If a bulldozer needs service, they have fully trained and experienced service technicians ready to come to the site to minimize downtime.
Choose Skid Steer Rental from a Company Dedicated to Supporting Your Needs
Enjoy the benefits of your next skid steer rental when you see what Puckett Rents offers. We also carry a large inventory of telehandlers, boom lifts, generators, light towers, and landscaping equipment. You can depend on us to keep our equipment well-maintained and ready for your construction projects. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to answering your questions to ensure you get what you need to complete your next job at great rental rates. Give us a call today!
Call our team for your skid steer rental needs 24/7 at 800-736-8228 or 601-939-5151. You can also fill out our online form with your questions, and we will respond promptly.