Puckett Rents Weighs in on the Job Site Workhorse
When on a job site, you often find yourself in need of a piece of equipment that can basically ‘do it all.’ It should lift, move, and place a wide range of materials throughout your job site. Some large pieces of equipment are only good for moving earth, like a bulldozer. Few items can stage your initial materials at the start of a job and then clean up at the end of the job as a telehandler can. The next time you contemplate your contracting equipment rental needs for a new project, consider renting a telehandler. You’ll be glad to have this workhorse in your corner.
Learn the Basics of the Telehandler
The name telehandler is short for telescopic handler. It’s a multi-use piece of equipment known by other names, like teleporter, reach forklift, boom lift, lull, or cherry picker. Here are some other handy facts to learn:
- It Can be Outfitted with a Variety of Attachments: This piece of equipment can be fitted with a bucket, muck grab, winch, or even a platform. Other attachments you can add are pallet forks, material buckets, truss jib, side-tilt carriage, cubing forks, lumber forks, grapple buckets, trash hopper, and work platforms.
- It Extends Like a Boom: The extendable boom can be elevated at nearly a 70-degree angle and can also extend out at about 30 feet. Different machines have different lift capacities but can range from 4,400 to 12,000 pounds.
- They Have Many Uses: When it comes to versatility, look no further. A telehandler is often considered a ‘lift and place’ tool. That is, it works like a beefed-up forklift. But its versatility doesn’t stop there. Use it to move items, scoop dirt or mulch, lift pallets of drywall or bricks, or load a truck.
- Reasons to Choose a Telehandler: Why should you add a telehandler to your list of contracting equipment rental? Here are four reasons:
- It’s Cost-Effective – Because of its versatility, it does the job of many different equipment pieces.
- It Moves Materials Efficiently – For example, move your drywall quickly from the staging area to the side of the building you need.
- It Handles Obstacles with Ease – Because of its ability to handle heights and forward reach, you can get your material where it needs to be with its excellent lift capacity.
- It Takes on Rough Terrain – This machine can climb hills and plow through rough terrain with its four-wheel-drive capabilities.
Choose Puckett Rents for Your Contracting Equipment Rental Needs
Get the most value from your contracting equipment rental dollars by choosing the versatile telehandler from Puckett Rents. Our team is happy to assist you with finding the right fit for your next project. Contact us today with your questions. We love to share our knowledge with you!
Call our equipment rental service team 24/7 at 800-736-8228 or 601-939-5151. You can also fill out our online form to send us your questions, and we will be sure to respond promptly.